Highmark has incorporated MCG Health evidence-based clinical guidelines into our criteria of clinical decision support, replacing Change Healthcare (InterQual).
The shift to MCG more fully supports our Living Health strategy and allows us to transform our utilization management (UM) capabilities with automation that:
- Creates enhanced visibility to UM criteria at the point-of-care
- Better supports interoperability and simplification of the authorization process for providers.
MCG’s medical policy structure, customization options, and clinical guidelines more effectively encourage consistent standards of care and reduce clinical variability.
>> View THIS TUTORIAL to learn more about MCG Health.
MCG guidelines provide criteria for settings ranging from acute through outpatient, including the following (except for delegated services):
- Inpatient and Surgical Care
- General Recovery Care (serves as a companion to Inpatient and Surgical Care guidelines)
- Ambulatory Care (guidelines for procedures, durable medical equipment, prosthetics, orthotics, and supplies; rehabilitation evaluations, services, and modalities
- Recovery Facility Care (Skilled Nursing Facility, Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility)
- Home Care
- Behavioral Health
MCG’s clinical criteria guidelines do NOT apply to the following services:
- Radiology and Cardiology Imaging: These are presently managed by eviCore which uses their own medical policy (policies are available on Highmark’s Provider Resource Center)
- Services provided to Highmark Wholecare or Highmark Health Options Medicaid members.
Last updated on 12/19/2023 1:15:36 PM