Feb. 5, 2024, is the date when all Highmark providers should start using Availity to complete electronic transactions for Highmark commercial and Medicare Advantage plans.
Highmark Wholecare and Highmark Health Options will not transition to Availity; providers should continue to use their current portals for transactions related to these plans.
Availity offers a wide range of training resources*, including:
- Live webinars conducted by Highmark and Availity trainers on the following topics:
- Availity Essentials: Introduction for Highmark Providers. Applications covered: General Navigation, Eligibility and Benefits Inquiry, Manage My Organization, Payer Spaces, and Authorizations.
- Claim Submission for Highmark Providers. Applications covered: Claim Submission and Claim Reporting.
- Claims Follow-up & Payment Applications for Highmark Providers. Applications covered: Claim Status, Remittance Viewer, Fee Schedules, and Messaging (Claim Investigations).
- Help & Training tab on the homepage:
- Click Get Trained from the drop-down menu to view recorded demos and webinars.
- Crosswalk document
- This helpful resource will show you how to find all the Availity tools and functions you need to work with Highmark.
*NOTE: You must be registered with Availity to access the training resources mentioned above.
The Sunsetting of NaviNet
NaviNet will be decommissioned for Highmark providers in late March (with the exceptions of Highmark Wholecare and Highmark Health Options as noted above). It is extremely important to begin using the Availity portal for any new transactions to ensure your staff, third parties, and systems are prepared for this change.
Important: Access to submit new Claim Investigations in NaviNet will end after Feb. 29, 2024. You will continue to have view access to pending Claim Investigations in NaviNet up until complete shutdown in late March. After late March, the outcome of any NaviNet Claim Investigations will be provided to you via a letter. Any new claim investigations should be submitted in the Availity portal, so that responses may be viewed after access to NaviNet ends.
Want to learn more about the new portal? See the December article in Provider News or visit Highmark’s Provider Resource Center and choose AVAILITY from the left-hand navigation bar.
- Have you assigned a primary administrator for your organization?
- Has a backup administrator been assigned to assist with managing users and roles?
- Have all providers been added to your organization?
- Have users signed up for training?
- Has your organization started using Availity for all your Highmark transactions?
- Do you know the ability to submit new Claim Investigations in NaviNet will end on Feb. 29?