Highmark is now offering more ways for providers to receive payments as part of our ongoing commitment to help you simplify and improve payment transactions for your business. Highmark has engaged PNC Healthcare to provide new electronic payment methods via their Claim Payments & Remittances (CPR) service, powered by ECHO Health.
Beginning November 8, 2021, claim payments will be generated from PNC-ECHO Health Trust rather than Highmark Inc. Electronic Remittance Advices (ERAs) will be distributed using the ECHO Payer ID 58379.
These changes do not apply to Highmark Health Options, Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield Western New York, or Highmark Blue Shield Northeastern New York.
Providers Receiving Electronic Payments and Remittance Advices:
- If you wish to continue receiving EFT payments and ERAs, no action is required, and your payment preference will transition to the ECHO Health platform automatically beginning November 8, 2021. (You will receive a letter from ECHO Health in October with your unique registration code if you would like to change your payment election prior to November.)
- Your ERAs will be available on ECHO Health’s platform . You may register there to search, view, and print your Explanation of Payments (EOPs) and download 835 files.
- If you are currently registered and receiving payments from other payers on the ECHO platform, your Highmark Inc. payments will begin displaying in this portal after November 8, 2021.
- For your convenience, you will still be able to view your claims status and a copy of your EOP through Highmark’s portal, NaviNet®. However, you will still need to visit ECHO’s provider platform to manage/change payment information.
- Suggested Actions:
- Update your vendor and/or your practice management system wherever necessary to ensure continued seamless processing of EFT payments.
- Confirm with your ERA Clearinghouse that they are prepared to receive ERAs from ECHO Health, Inc.
Providers Receiving Paper Check Payments And Paper Remittance Advices (RAS):
- Before October 8, 2021, you may elect EFT payments now through Highmark’s provider portal, NaviNet, and your EFT payment preference will transition to the ECHO Health platform automatically.
- Between October 8 – November 7, 2021, changes to your bank account or payment preference must be made in both NaviNet and on the ECHO Health platform. (You will receive a letter from ECHO Health in October with your unique registration code if you would like to change your payment election prior to November.)
- Beginning November 8, 2021, you may elect to receive EFT only or 835/EFT through the ECHO Health platform. To sign-up to receive EFT on the ECHO Health platform, visit their EFT/ERA enrollment page .
- If you have not registered to accept payments electronically before November 8, 2021 (using the options outlined in the two bullets immediately above), you will receive virtual credit card payments with your EOPs effective November 8, 2021. Your office will receive notification for each payment via mail or fax. The notification will include a unique virtual credit card number, along with instructions for processing.
- You may opt out of VCC by calling ECHO Health at 800-890-4124 or by visiting www.ECHOVcards.com .
- Additional payment options: ECHO also offers payments via Medical Payment Exchange (delivers payments and EOPs electronically and gives you the option to print a check at no cost, receive a virtual card payment or enroll for EFT) or paper check. Explore more details about these options on ECHO Health’s platform.
Highmark Provider Service Center Contact Information
If you have questions regarding these changes or your current payment selections, contact your Highmark Provider Account Liaison or the Highmark Provider Service Center (information below).
|Delaware ||800-346-6262 ||800-346-6262|
|Pennsylvania – Western Region ||800-547-3627 ||800-242-0514|
|Pennsylvania – Central/ Northeastern Regions ||866-731-8080 ||866-803-3708|
|West Virginia ||800-543-7822 ||800-543-7822|
ECHO Health Contact Information
If you have questions regarding your payment options effective November 8, 2021, or need to make any changes to your elections, please contact ECHO Health.
|EFT/ERA Support email@example.com|
|Virtual Credit Card Opt-Out||800-890-4124|
*As noted above, you will receive a letter from ECHO Health in October with your unique registration code if you would like to change your payment election prior to November.